President Trump has highlighted the importance of agriculture and said he expects his nominee for Secretary of Agriculture, Governor Sonny Perdue, to "deliver big results." AGree is standing by to assist. 4 pages. February 2017.
The right food and agricultural policies can improve the health of America’s families, economy, farms and the environment, as outlined in recommendations AGree is presenting to presidential candidates. AGree’s Call to Action provides core elements in a strategy for elevating food and agriculture as a national priority. 4 pages. January 2016.
AGree's Recommendations on Local Food. September 2015.
AGree's recommendations on Research & Innovation. June 2015.
AGree's consensus recommendations on Working Landscapes. November 2014.
This compilation of Point of View and Background papers was written by independent authors; the collection of views and analyses presented in them do not represent official AGree positions nor the opinions of AGree Co-Chairs, Advisors, and partners. The papers are intended to stimulate thoughtful dialogue. 126 pages. March 2016.
This academic working paper by Joshua D. Woodard and Leslie J. Verteramo Chiu of Cornell University is not an official AGree publication and is intended to serve as an information resource. Joshua D. Woodard and Leslie J. Verteramo Chiu, February 2016.
This academic working paper by Joshua D. Woodard of Cornell University is not an official AGree publication and is intended to serve as an information resource. Joshua D. Woodard, January 2016.
This paper examines the evolution of U.S. food and ag education, its current structure, and how it must adapt to meet emerging challenges. Stephanie Mercier. 24 pages, July 2015.
This compilation of papers was written by independent authors in response to a call issued by AGree to elicit bold ideas on strengthening the U.S. public sector agricultural research system. 82 pages. June 2013.
1. Reforming “Formula Fund” Distribution of USDA Funding for Research, Extension, and Education. By Steve Ventura.
2. Improving Information Management at USDA to Support Research, Education, and Extension. By Marjorie Porter and Steve Ventura.
3. Stakeholder Engagement to Provide Advice on USDA Supported Research, Extension, and Education. By Steve Ventura.
4. Strengthening the U.S. Agricultural Research, Education, and Extension System: A Reorientation Model to Address 21st Century Challenges. By Meredith Niles, Ferd Hoefner, Ariane Lotti, and Juli Obudzinski.
5. Strengthening the U.S. Agricultural Research System. By Liz Carlisle and Albie Miles.